Samsung Samsung Tab 7 FE Weird Screen Glitching

User0108

Member (✔)
I’ve got a Samsung Tab7 SE that is possessed.
Customer brought it in after they had replaced the screen themselves and had no display afterwards.
I checked everything looked fine physically so I ordered a new screen and new screen flex cable to play it safe.
Replaced them and it worked fine. Tested touch, apps and rebooted no problem.
They picked it up then brought it back a few weeks later claiming it didn’t work at all for them. Thought it was odd tested it myself and yep not working. Replaced the screen again and it was back up. Showed them and they were happy. Took it home and then again brought it back a few weeks later saying it wasn’t working again.
I tested it and it worked fine for me so I had them try it in front of me and it seemed to work fine until they opened an app called Concepts. As soon as they did that the screen started flashing off and on. Closing the app fixed the issue.
I tested it with various other apps and it looks like it was any app that went full screen caused this issue. I figured it was either software or the resolution was a mismatch between the screen and what the full screen was looking for.
Swapped the screen again and the issue persisted so I wiped the tablet via recover and Odin but still no fix.
Now the tablet just flickers on and off in all apps, but when it works as long as you don’t look at it wrong it stays on just fine.
I’m at a loss at this point and really don’t wanna deal with this any longer but I also don’t want to do a refund if I can avoid it.
Any ideas?
I have ADB debugging setup along with screen sharing through Vysor so I can access the tablet even when it’s freaking out.
All apps work initially if they are split screen, but any animations start the flicker.
I have noticed that if it flickers too much in a short span, the screen is disabled entirely until a reboot.

Attached are two videos that showcase the issue

Attachments

Admin

desktops & Laptops
Support
It seem a gpu circuit you can try to reflow it at your own risk, and before you need to check the nape connector on the Mainboard if it is good and you may also go for each signal that help for a picture display.
Note : a new firmware of the tablet maybe needed.

User0108

Member (✔)
It seem a gpu circuit you can try to reflow it at your own risk, and before you need to check the nape connector on the Mainboard if it is good and you may also go for each signal that help for a picture display.
Note : a new firmware of the tablet maybe needed.
If it were GPU realistically the display out and streaming through things like Vysor shouldnt work though correct?
Ill double check the connectors but they looked fine before. And I will test with a bench power supply hooked to the battery plug as I dont have the same kind.

Admin

desktops & Laptops
Support
If it were GPU realistically the display out and streaming through things like Vysor shouldnt work though correct?
Ill double check the connectors but they looked fine before. And I will test with a bench power supply hooked to the battery plug as I dont have the same kind.
Battery and the power section maybe need to be verified .

Ads

Top Bottom